by Chris Chaos
Since the dawn of time mankind has labeled, secluded, excluded, separated and divided himself among many classifications: race, religion, class, sex, income etc. He does this to feel better about himself, to distinguish himself and to put down others. The various governments of the world do the same to take the attention off themselves and allow the common folk battle and quarrel amongst themselves. One of the backbones in the US that was implemented in the “divide and conquer “scheme was the concept of the 2 party system, Democrats and Republicans, furthermore, Liberals and Conservatives. Obviously there are dozens of variations to this, but for the purpose of this exercise we will be speaking strictly of Liberals and Conservatives.
It seems that many people that feel the need to define themselves as a self-proclaimed "fill in the blank" are usually the worst ones in their category. They see it as a calling and a need to go above and beyond to stand apart from the others in their lot and to gain the attention that they so desperately crave.
In living and experiencing life I have had the dual purpose pleasure and displeasure of dealing with the gauntlet of just about every personality that you can think of and today we will discuss 2 of them. They will be comprised of the “Self-Proclaimed Liberal” and the “Self-Proclaimed Conservative”.
Now remember these are the ones that make it a point to tell you who or what they are, they interject their opinion whether it is wanted or not.
- Usually have an unrealistic or shallow view of the world, with the belief that the people that run business and governments are basically good people but are misunderstood.
- Usually not very logical when it comes to dealing with people, the world and how it works. Typically of the younger crowd, naïve, fresh out of college and lacking real world experience.
- Typically they follow the herd and believe what they are told without further research, this population is the one of Weekday afternoon television full of Jerry Springer, Court TV, daytime soaps and get rich schemes with little to no work involved.
- Many in this category feel the need that they have to change things, the world or help people, whether they want this help or change is beyond their grasp. They take great delight in attempting to change the status quo, to upset culture and tradition in the name of “progress”.
- The self-proclaimed Liberal is always in someone else’s business telling them what they should think, believe and how to behave. They will tell you to not be racist, homophobic or whatever the case may be and then turn around and hate you for not agreeing with whatever the topic may be. It is always their way or no way.
- Many times Liberals cannot comprehend the concept of “Life is not fair”; setting rules/laws to give an unfair advantage to any special interest group is in their scope to fit their own needs. What is fair to one group may be unfair to another.
7) Although this talking point can go under both categories many Liberals call themselves “people of tolerance”, but they can be some of the most intolerant people on earth. A large number of the COEXIST people that claim to love everyone and everyone is equal are the ones that simply cannot accept people that differ in belief outside of their own. So for the Liberal view of tolerance it usually falls under hypocrite.
- Many in the self-proclaimed Conservative category are of the older generation and are filled with out dated ideals in comparison to the younger generation,
- A vast majority are also full of conspiracy theories. They are always thinking and always trying to comprehend the how and the why of why people do the things that they do. Things just never happen for a reason, there always has to be some major joint effort of why something happened. This is in stark comparison to the mid 90’s assentation by the liberals that a “vast right wing conspiracy is taking over the USA”.
- Many of the people that fall into the self-proclaimed Conservative category are Resistant to change of the familiar and stick to what they know, hence why many Liberals consider themselves to be progressive. They usually try to get others to join them in their older ways that they consider tradition because “it is the way that it has always been done”
- The vast majority of self-proclaimed conservatives are usually over religious, Christian Right that is. Many of the people that disagree with what they are saying is because many of their opinions are cloaked in religious belief and thus are considered to not be a part of reality. Many opposers automatically discount what a religious partakers opinions are just based on the differences in religious viewpoint. A fault on the side of the Conservative is that you can’t agree “God’s Will” to a person that doesn’t believe in God.
- One thing that some liberals have stated as their observation of Conservatives has been dubbed the “Angry Conservative”, which is when they assert that they know things which are beyond the human capacity to know: the truth about God, and the correct deeply personal decisions for other people.
- Many Self-Proclaimed Conservatives are certain their personal beliefs are correct. They can be so sure about them, there is no need to listen to other points of view. There is no chance they will modify their positions in the future based on greater wisdom.
- One tactic that Self-Proclaimed Conservatives will use to try to make you side with them is that no matter what they are stating, if you disagree you are un-Christian or un-American. On the flip side if you disagree with what a Self-Proclaimed Liberal you are a racist, a homophobe or a Nazi.